How do I generate a CSR?
1. Login to cPanel - http://www.yourdomain.com/cpanel/
2. Select 'SSL/TLS Manager' > 'Private Keys (KEY)'
3. Scroll down near the bottom of the page to the Generate a New Key section
4. Select the desired domain name from the pull-down menu, or type it into the Host field (e.g., www.domain.com)
5. Select the key bit-length. Recommended 2048 (2048 is required for EV certificates)
6. Select the Generate button to generate the new key
7. A new private key is generated and is stored on the server
Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR)
1. Select SSL/TLS Manager > Certificate Signing Request (CSR)
2. Using the CSR Legend on the right-hand side of this page, fill out the Generate a New Certificate Signing Request form
3. Select the Generate button to generate the new CSR
4. cPanel shows you the CSR in the top box under SSL Certificate Signing Request (don't worry about the contents of the box below it, you don't need it)
5. Copy everything in the top box
6. Save a copy of your CSR. The CSR will be needed during the online order process. You'll be asked to copy-and-paste your CSR into a special CSR box
Below is an example of what your CSR will look like. This is a example only and cannot be used to generate your SSL certificate.
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
MIIB3zCCAUgCAQAwgZ4xCzAJBgNVBAYTAlVTMRAwDgYDVQQIEwdHZW9yZ2lhMRAw DgYDVQQHEwdBdGxhbnRhMREwDwYDVQQKEwhHZW9DZXJ0czEaMBgGA1UECxMRSW5l cm5ldCBNYXJrZXRpbmcxGTAXBgNVBAMTEHd3dy5nZW9jZXJ0cy5jb20xITAfBgkq hkiG9w0BCQEWEmFkbWluQGdlb2NlcnRzLmNvbTCBnzANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOB jQAwgYkCgYEA5KOi+RnRzBuBQeFYjrwZg1sfT7zr4L8j0Khuoj621x+lGBmFC76c kGclUIQBmuyp9T9NrNqAjGtEmgdFr6cWLJtgXgi+BaZDLX9BMYF49NuTggNoEUMX crQRAENHb2YthG2SEcF5p98RNcDPzWOA3a4AMvgkxDlDGYUhbcQhnt0CAwEAAaAA MA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBBAUAA4GBAIapt6Tw0BTYUwEAX0/oKvaaN/ghErR85jdW7xOD b1hL0yNfb495A7e/IQyBEP5a/v+QUOtibHS4geiPhH9etAI+DSQmctjbf6dMGJql gCXGwlsTbjPOSmNT+/X2Uvf1BlplwqAMDghEuFHsjshlypz1NEg94ri2K9N1VrBs+iAv
-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
If you would like a staff member to generate a CSR for you please contact our support team.
GeoTrust True BusinessID with EV (Extended Validation) is our premium business-class SSL security...How do I secure my website with SSL?
If you are planning on taking any kind of sensitive information from your websites visitors such...How do I install a SSL Certificate?
Install the SSL server certificate files 1. Login to cPanel 2. Click SSL/TLS Manager >...TrueBusiness ID EV Requirements
Extended Validation SSL achieves the highest level of consumer trust through the strictest...Why is my True Business ID with EV taking so long to setup?
GeoTrust only authenticates business identity validated digital certificates for customers who...